Do You Need Alert Reports for Your Business?
Would you rather deal with an issue in your business before it began to affect your business or cash flow?
Of course, you would!
Being able to access information quickly and efficiently is a big part of the daily running of any business, and this is why alert reports have become so important. These reports are simple notifications that are sent to the relevant person or people letting them know of an event that has occurred.
These alerts may differ based on the industry that you work in, and even within your business depending on the department that needs to be notified and what action needs to be taken. So how do you go about setting these alerts up, and how will they be beneficial to your business?
Keep reading and we will answer some of these questions for you.
Why Do We Need Instant Notifications?
The world that we live in is faced paced and digital, and the infrastructure you have in place needs to support this. Businesses are under pressure to be always at the top of their game, and this means being aware of things that may happen before they happen! If you have prior, or immediate warning then you can prevent loss of production and income. Therefore, departments are closely monitored, and many companies are investing in report writer software.
Investing in software-based report systems means there is no room for human error. If alerts are sent out manually, there is still a time delay and risk that incorrect information is gathered or sent out. While critical issues are different in each business, and within each industry, the need for quick action does not change.
By using an automated system, you ensure that the right information is sent to the right people at the right time. This way the appropriate action can be taken, and delays, downtime or any risk of loss is minimised. Careful integration between systems makes life much simpler – and reduces stress levels!
Fleet Management Benefits
There is nothing worse than expecting a delivery and being told it will be sometime between 8 am and 5 pm! Often you clear your entire day to wait for the driver, only to be told they were delayed, and delivery will now be the next day. This is a sure way to make sure that your customer thinks twice before ordering from you again.
On the other hand, automated systems that are user friendly and offer you delivery management software simplify these processes for everyone. Companies that manage large fleets and production lines benefit from this option when it comes to managing deliveries and vehicles.
Simple Time Saver
So you can stop printing out deliveries for your drivers, tracking them manually in your fleet management, or attempting to predict the quickest delivery route in rush hour traffic. Automated systems mean:
- More efficient delivery times with optimised travel routes
- Better management and communication with drivers
- Reduced costs for your business because drivers are travelling more direct routes
- Less time wasted on non-delivery
- Improved customer experience due to a more exact delivery time
- Happier customers who become loyal fans of your business
Types of Business Alerts
Each business is unique. We understand that and make it easy for you to choose between several types of alerts, both internal and external. You can alert an entire team or department, or all employees at once or you can send notifications to individuals as needed.
- Instant notifications can be shown to your entire team via large screens that can be installed around your production area or offices
- Operator specific messages can be sent about bank overdraft limits to individuals and displayed on screens or data panels
- Smartwatches have become a popular way of sending personal alerts, using vibrations or messages displayed on the screen. This is also a great way to be able to see notifications while you are in a meeting or unable to look at a phone or computer.
- Push notifications sent to mobile phones are a popular choice as they can be viewed no matter where you are, and can include visuals or graphics
- SMS is still an option depending on your demographic
- Email can also be used effectively – although it can take longer to read if the person is in a meeting or away from their computer for a while.
How Do Alerts Affect Production?
By using automated reporting systems, you remove inconsistency in data capture and remove the risk of any problems being overlooked until it is too late. Any significant changes or events can be dealt with immediately and serious crises can be avoided. Every department from HR to manufacturing can benefit from digital monitoring and production alerts in various areas.
If your accounting department is not given the right information, then incoming and outgoing payments can bottle-neck and cash flow can be badly affected. Notifications must be given to the right people, especially for things like
- Overdue payments from customers
- Bank overdraft within limits
- Customers that have been put on credit hold
Manufacturing and Marketing
The beating heart of your business is your manufacturing or production areas. If there is low stock, or a delay in materials arriving then the alerts need to be raised as soon as possible so that customers can be kept up to date, or contingency plans can be put in place.
If customers need to be alerted to delivery rescheduling for any reason this also needs to be done as soon as possible. Likewise, if websites are down and you rely on online sales, you need to be able to act as quickly as possible.
Human resources rely on various automated systems from managing leave days to those managing payroll. They are responsible for certification and training being up to date, and employees being compliant in various health and safety areas.
It is beneficial for HR departments to have automated alert reports that integrate with their other systems and keep them always updated with information for things such as:
- Training that needs to be renewed
- Flagging abnormally high numbers of sick days taken
- Customer complaints
- Any internal or external issue
These are just a few of the areas that benefit from having alert reports and having these notifications in place goes a long way to improving the performance of the company. Critical information is visible and accessible, and risk is reduced which will save you time and money at the end of the day.
By making use of these easy-to-use automated systems, you can improve the way your business deals with crises, as well as improve your day-to-day operations. With alert reports helping you to monitor anything that happens, you will be able to stay ahead of the game.
Would you like to know more about these essential systems? Don’t hesitate to contact us for more information or a demo of our cutting-edge systems.