This feature allows you to set up recipes which define what stock or service items are used to assemble or manufacture another stock item.
- The cost of the manufactured or assembled stock items is calculated from the costs of the stock items used in the recipe.
- Other costs, such as labour, can also be included in the recipe by using Stock Service items.
- Can be used to make up kits, covert stock from one unit of measure to another, break down cases of beer into six-packs or individual units.
- Used in conjunction with Switch 60 – Auto Manufacture When Short – finished good stock items can be manufactured using the recipe at point of invoicing or issuing a stock item.
- Multiple levels of recipes or BOM's can be created.
- Order in which sub-recipes are manufactured can be configured.
You supply china tea sets. You buy the individual plates, cups and saucers etc separately and then make up the tea sets. A recipe can be set up detailing what items comprise a particular tea set, packaging used and possibly a labour cost to cover the time taken to package the items.
Each time you assemble (manufacture) a tea set the system will do the following:
- Reduce the individual stock items (cups etc) that make up the tea set.
- Calculate the cost of the tea set from the cost of the items used to make up the tea set.
- Add the tea set into stock.
This Switch is subject to an Annual licence fee for the Switch as well as the entire Omni Software configuration*