Once you have entered (captured) bar codes on each stock item, you can use the bar code to scan stock items in or out to make for faster more accurate processing.
Omni uses keyboard wedge type scanners.
The following are typical applications and/or advantages:
- Quicker Processing. The bar code can then be used when adding stock line items onto Customer Documents and Supplier Documents such as customer or supplier invoices or orders.
- Using bar codes in a POS environment is particularly common.
- Print the bar code on your Purchase Orders (as plain text, or even a scan-able bar code) to help your supplier correctly identify the item you have requested, thereby minimising the chance of errors.
- Print your own stock price labels with bar codes. (Note: although not essential, a proper bar code printer is recommended).
- You can scan in or type the bar code and an enquiry in any screen that has stock search capabilities, for easy and accurate stock location.
- Use a programmable bar code scanner for quick and accurate stock takes, and import the stock counts into an Omni stock take batch.
Scanning Tip Because Omni makes use of keyboard wedge type scanners you will be able to scan the bar code into any field that accepts keyboard input. For example, when searching for a bar code in the stock enquiry, you can either type the bar code in manually, or if you have the label handy, simply scan the bar code into the search text field.