In Omni, Serial and/or Batch numbers are referred to as Tracking Numbers. The main difference between the two is that serial numbers are unique per stock item, whereas a batch number can apply to multiple items for a stock code.
- Serial numbers are typically used to track items such as cell phones or pumps/engines for warranty purposes.
- Batch numbers are often used in industries such as the food industry, for quality control purposes, enabling manufacturers or distributors, for instance, to recall batches of products if necessary or to track clothing colours/sizes.
- The system allows you to define whether you use a combination of serial and batch numbers in the Stock Options.
- Specify on the individual stock item which of these tracking options are to be used. Once this is specified, each time the stock item is issued or received, the user will be required to specify the tracking numbers.
- Easy access to existing tracking numbers. Click on the Serial/Batch Numbers button on the Stock edit – Warehouse Levels tab and this will display the list tracking numbers for a stock item screen.
This Switch is subject to an Annual licence fee for the Switch as well as the entire Omni Software configuration*