Email and Telephone Support Guidelines &
Terms and Conditions
- When contacting the Omni Support Centre please quote your Customer ID (within Omni go to Help| About and the number is in brackets next to Registered Owner).
- If your query concerns a previous incident, then have the incident number available as well. This assists the Support Consultants to find your details and see the history of your incidents.
- As much as possible try to have all information regarding your query at hand. If there is an error message, have the exact details of the full message. The more information you can provide, the faster your query can be resolved.
- Be aware that Email and Telephone Support can only assist to a certain extent. There are situations that are beyond the scope of Email and Telephone support. In such cases, the Omni Support Centre will recommend that you have a Support Consultant provide on-site support or that you attend one of the Omni Accounts official training courses.
- The Omni Support Centre provides support on Omni Accounts. The Support Consultants can advise but ultimately we cannot support on:-
- Network and connectivity issues
- Operating System access and security issues
- Setting up printers and printer drivers and printer sharing.
- Configuring hardware such as cash drawers and scanners.
- Remote Desktop, VPN setup.
- Accounting queries should be handled by a qualified accountant.
- VAT queries should be handled by SARS.
- Software not developed by Omni Accounts.
- Remote assistance via TeamViewer is done at the discretion of the Omni Support Centre. It is only available if you have purchased Tele & Email Support.
- Analysis of data may be charged out at the current hourly support rate and does not fall under Email or Telephone support.
- Customising reports or stationery or training on Omni’s Custom Report Designer will normally be charged out at the current hourly support rate and does not fall under Email or Telephone support.