The ability to plan production depends upon all stock required to be taken into account. Some sources of these are:
- Sales Orders. Orders from customers.
- Bill of Materials. The raw materials required to manufacture/assemble an item.
- Using sales forecasts to predict future sales.
- Stock flagged as being below a minimum level.
- Decanting (Production) batches already created.
- Jobs requiring tock items.
Reports can then be extracted which show the stock items which need to be manufactured/assembled.