Enter a negative quantity on both stock and non-stock line items on Supplier or Customer documents.
- This will essentially post a credit line onto an Invoice reducing the value of the invoice.
- If the line item is a stock item and the document is a Customer Invoice, then the stock level will be increased, when the invoice is processed.
- If the line item is a stock item and the document is a Supplier Invoice, then the stock level will be decreased.
- Can be used to handle trade-ins, exchanges or give stock away.
- A Supplier Delivery Note which contains only lines with negative quantities can be used as a ‘Request for Credit’ from a Supplier. Once your Supplier issues the Credit Note, the Delivery Note can be processed and will result in a Supplier Debit Note.
- Assists to provide a clear stock movement audit trail which is especially valuable in the Point of Sale setup.