Process your Stop Orders and Debit Orders automatically on their due dates, without having to enter the information each time.
Select a bank account and then click on the Recurring Transaction tab. This will display a list of your current recurring transactions. Then click on the Add Recurring Transaction button.
A window will appear in which you will need to capture the following information:
- Transaction Category: The kind of transaction that is being processed, e.g. a receipt, payment etc.
- Transaction Type: The method of payment, e.g. cheque, credit card etc.
- Source Amount: The value of the transaction.
- Debit/Credit: This field will default depending on the transaction type you have entered and needs only to be edited when processing an adjustment.
- Last Reference: A display field showing the last reference used when processing a transaction.
- Reference: A mandatory field, your cheque no, receipt etc.
- Narrative: The short description of the transaction.
- Payee: The name of the company or person being paid. This field is only available if the transaction is a payment. If you need to add split transactions you would click on the button and open the split transaction window to enter the relevant information.
- Target Ledger: The ledger to which the transaction is to be posted.
You may select one of the following:
- Nominal, Customer or Supplier Ledgers. You may also use the down arrow to scroll through the options.
- Target Account: Once you have selected the target ledger you would then select the specific ledger account in this field. The down arrow or F2 search functions are available allowing you to search using specific information.
- Target Amount: This field is for confirmation purposes only and cannot be edited. It will reflect the amount of the transaction being processed.
- VAT Code: This field will only appear if you have selected the Nominal Ledger as your target ledger. The VAT code will default to the code set up on the Nominal Ledger selected.
- VAT Amount: This value will be calculated by the system. You are able to edit this amount to cope with rounding differences. This field will only appear if you have selected the nominal ledger as your target ledger.
- Statement Description: This is an information field that may be printed on your statement. This field will default to the settings in your Bank Options. If you have linked to either Payee or Narrative then the fields will be greyed out and you will be unable to edit it. If you have selected None then you may edit the field. Once you have completed these fields click the Save and Close button and another window will appear.
The following fields must be completed:
- Next Process Date: Select the date on which you would like this recurring entry to be processed. Entering a date prior to the current date will enable you to process the transaction for each month until the current month.
- Instalments Required: The number of times that this transaction is to be processed. If there is no limit to the number then enter a 0 (zero) in this field.
- Instalments Paid Since Last Reset: This is a display field and shows the number of times this transaction has been generated.
- Currently Active: Select if this transaction is currently in use. You can use this field to deactivate a transaction so that it will not be processed. It can be reinstated at any time by simply ticking the check box.
- Reset Instalments Paid: You are able to reset the number of instalments paid to zero using this option. The system will prompt you to confirm the re-setting; you will need to click on Yes to accept.